First Impressions Really Do Count
Three seconds doesn’t seem like a long time, but it’s the time it takes for a visitor to make up their mind about your website.
Just having a website is not enough. An amateurish website will imply that your business is not a serious one, and can tempt your potential customers to choose your competitors over you.
The top offenders when it comes to bad websites are;
- Poor colour schemes
- Broken links
- Poor graphical layouts – cramped text, irrelevant images
- Confusing navigation
- Outdated content, typographical and grammatical errors
- Horizontal scrolling
Is your website guilty of any of these web design sins?
Rightly or wrongly, people judge your business by your website – so it must be good! Be honest and think about what conclusion a first time visitor may form about your business.
Ask yourself these questions about your website…
- Does it enhance your brand?
- Is it appealing and clean?
- Is it free of bugs and glitches?
- Does it promote credibility?
- Does it boast rich content?
- Have a smooth functionality?
- Is it compatible with popular browsers?
- Does it have a consistent navigation area?
- Do the design principles enhance rather than distract?
- Is there a good balance of text/graphics/white space?
Visitors see any lack of credibility on your part as a warning, not a welcome, so avoid giving visitors an excuse to not do business with you!
Make those first three seconds count and give eSterling a call about our web design services.